All aspects of general practice
Dr James Soo provides routine medical care to patients, diagnosing and treating a broad range of illness and injury. This includes developing treatment plans, prescribing medicines and working with other specialists. His area of special interest is diabetes, including hypertension and complex diagnostic management and care. Dr Soo also has a keen interest in paediatrics.
Encouraged by his parents, Dr Soo followed his childhood dream to become a doctor. He completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) at the University of Queensland in 1994. He worked at the Royal Brisbane Hospital from 1994 to 1999, firstly as an Intern then as a House Officer and a Medical Registrar, which included rotations in general medicine, cardiology, respiratory, oncology, endocrinology and geriatrics. In 1996 Dr Soo commenced GP locum work, and in 2000 decided to become a full-time general practitioner at Sinnamon Park Medical Centre.
Dr Soo became a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) in 2004.
He enjoys being available for all patients and considers it a privilege that they entrust him with their care.
Further information and resources:
- DermNet NZ – skin disease information
- Department of Health: Immunisation – all you need to know about immunisation
- Diabetes Australia – resources, research and support
- My Aged Care – the starting point to access Australian Government funded services
- Alzheimer’s Association – Alzheimer’s and Dementia resources