Diabetes Care Program
If you have Type 2 Diabetes, a Diabetes Care Program will make it easier for you to manage and monitor your condition.
What are the benefits of being part of the Diabetes Care Program?
- Our practice nurses and Independent GPs will regularly monitor you to ensure your diabetes is being managed effectively.
- Regular monitoring helps you understand your diabetes reduces your risk of related complications.
- You can access rebated health services. E.g. physiotherapy, podiatry, dietitian, exercise physiologist, psychologist etc.
- You can access a registered pharmacist who can conduct government funded medication reviews.
- You get regular support and encouragement, so you don’t feel like you have to manage your diabetes care alone.
How often will my Diabetes be reviewed?
As part of the program, your diabetes will be monitored at least every 6 months to reduce your risk of diabetes related complications.
How much will it cost me to be part of the Diabetes Care Program?
Generally, a diabetes review can be conducted under a GPMP Care Plan – meaning that there is no out of pocket expense to you!
How to organise:
Please contact the practice on 07 3279 0444 to request a Diabetes Review (and Care Plan).
Who can I speak to if I have any questions?
Please contact reception and ask to speak to one of our practice nurses; alternatively, you could speak to your GP at your next visit.