Chronic Disease Management
Chronic disease is on the rise.
Compared to previous generations, Australians are living longer. This is due to improved living standards and advances in medical treatment and technology.
However, increased longevity has led to significant increases in chronic disease. Reports suggest up to 50% of Australians suffer from at least one chronic disease – and this figure is expected to rise.
If chronic disease is not managed properly, it has a detrimental effect on your physical, emotional and economic health and well-being.
Early detection can make a difference
The good news is, that early detection and effective treatment, management and support of a chronic disease may:
- prevent the onset (it is estimated that up to one-third of chronic disease cases are preventable)
- lessen the severity
- delay the progression/minimise complications
- improve quality of life
How do I know if I have a chronic disease?
- back pain
- cardiovascular disease (e.g. coronary heart disease/ stroke – heart health)
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- gastro-intestinal conditions (e.g. Coeliac disease, reflux, Chron’s disease)
- mental health conditions (e.g. depression, anxiety)
How our practice can help.
- provide assistance, support and encouragement if you are suffering from a chronic condition
- assess and routinely monitor your health (in conjunction with your doctor) to aid early detection/prevention/optimal treatment of your condition
- provide you with practical advice/information/education on how to manage your condition as effectively as possible
- assist with gaining access to government-funded plans and programs where eligible
- assist with referrals to allied health professionals that will compliment your care
- ensure your medical history remains current and up to date.
Meet our specialist team
Our specialist CDM Team consists of nurses and our consultant pharmacist. The team is qualified in this area of practice to support you to improve your wellbeing and optimise your health.
Our team includes:
- Hannah Abraham (Registered Nurse)
- Lisa Soo (Registered Nurse)
- David Hall (Consultant Registered pharmacist)
CDM services and support
Care Plans & Team Care Arrangements
The team maps out and helps you access rebated allied health services to effectively manage your condition over a 12-month period.
The team monitors your diabetes in conjunction with your doctor, provides support and helps you access rebated services.
The team works in conjunction with our independent doctors to assess your health at key life stages. This can include the following government-funded health assessments: